PDA

View Full Version : Keys not registering on keyboard

big m
07-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I thought it was my keyboard, but when I am on this forum typing, about every tenth time I press a key it does not register, like another program is running or something. It is really annoying and takes double the time to type as I have to fill in the skipped letters afterward.

Never noticed this until a week or so ago, and it does not happen on other forums or e-mailing.

Anyone have a clue what is happening?

Thanks in advance for any help, John

kylek350
07-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Hey, John. Not sure if it's something specific to the forum (I'm not haven that problem), but it probably wouldn't hurt to get some spyware protection if you don't have some already. You may want to do a web search for 'Spybot Search & Destroy' and 'Ad-Aware'. Do you have anti-virus protection?

Doobster
07-15-2011, 11:24 PM
No problems for me mate.
Have you got a good virus protection software?

Also, I believe there is a function on most PCs somewhere, where the sensitivity of the keys can be adjusted so you don't have to press the keys too hard.

PlymouthFury
07-16-2011, 03:12 AM
That's kind of odd.... Is it particular keys or any key that doesn't register?

OzySteve
07-16-2011, 03:24 AM
im no ha ing an roblems

OzySteve
07-16-2011, 03:25 AM
sorry John.......its odd, i havent heard anyone else having any troubles

Rebels-59
07-16-2011, 08:01 AM
Have you Logged out John and then Logged back in Properly, As i normally just exit the ICC Site so am always logged in when i click on My Short Cut .. Logging Out properly will Clear ALL Cookies, maybe that may help mate..

SavoyPlaza
07-16-2011, 09:52 AM
I think you're on to something, Clive. It's cookies.
John eats cookies while he types on the forum, perhaps the crumbs have gotten wedged under some keys.
Pete

mchu5051
07-16-2011, 10:48 AM
John, if you are using an older computer with low ram, it could be due to all the photos and moving pictures of some users on the particular page you are on.
At work, my laptop in my room is quite old and I have a similar problem that the screen doesn't keep up with my typing. Another process is to clean your hard drive ( and no Steve not with window cleaner) as there could be a lot of virtual memory used up.

Matt

DVJohn
07-16-2011, 12:31 PM
What Matt says is what happens to me on my older puter at work............I swear I've encounterd every bug out there and non of them made my machine do what yours is doing.

big m
07-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Have you Logged out John and then Logged back in Properly, As i normally just exit the ICC Site so am always logged in when i click on My Short Cut .. Logging Out properly will Clear ALL Cookies, maybe that may help mate..

I'll give this a try, Clive.
This laptop is just over a year old, so I doubt it could be the problem.

---John

PlymouthFury
07-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Could also try clearing your internet browsing history/files.

big m
07-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, but the problem persists. Gues I'll have to live ith it for now, unless M'lisaknows a remedy.

---John

PlymouthFury
07-18-2011, 08:02 PM
If you ain't got it figured out by the time I get there I might could take a look see and maybe figure something out... What internet browser are you using? Internet Explorer? You could try using a different one.

big m
07-18-2011, 08:12 PM
It is inernt explorer,Austin, I'm not sure how to switch them, though

PlymouthFury
07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
You can using Google Chrome. Its what I'm using now. I had some issues with internet explorer. If you go to Google it should have a button to download it.

Larry57Savoy
07-18-2011, 08:36 PM
I use Internet Explorer better than all the rest. I use it more than AOL. Try plugging in a different keyboard or cruise down to wally world and buy a new one for $20.00. I think your keyboard is toast, or full of toast like Pete said.

big m
07-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Larry, I would agree with you were it not for the fact that anywhere else I do not have a hint of this problem. If the keyboard was poop it wld seem to me to do the same thing anytime it was used.

---John

BadBoyKurza
07-19-2011, 01:09 AM
Sounds like a keyboard virus where it records all your typing or something, i have no issues

big m
02-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Not sure why, but all of a sudden the keyboard is working properly- Maybe with the forum upgrade?

I haven't been posting as much due to the amount of time it takes to go back through and add all the letters and such that were skipped. I'll cross my fingers that was the end of it.

Thanks to the admins, and the great job they are doing!

---John

Doobster
02-14-2012, 08:55 PM
No problems here John.

However, how are you viewing the forum?
Viewing the Forum on Yahoo definitely takes longer for me than trying it with Google Chrome.

Have you ever defragged your hard drive?

Also, when was the last time you cleared your:
Browsing History?
Temporary internet files?
Archived your email?
Deleted your Cookies?
Emptied your trash can?
Turned over your matress?
Flossed your teeth?
Whistled on a Tuesday?

OzySteve
02-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Lee, What does archiving your email do?

i do all the things you list except that..........i do get the prompts to archive, but am unsure of the result

Doobster
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Do you whistle on a Tuesday Steve?

Archiving email doesn't do much.... however, if I don't archive my Outlook email when prompted, I won't receive certain email.

In the past, when I've started running out of memory, or if too many programs are running in the back ground, some strange things have occurred.

John, do you have virus checking software.
Whilst it should run in the background, have you ever run it manually?

I've had a couple of viruses in the past.
It can make your computer do some weird things.

Also... it is possible to program the sensitivity of your keyboard.
Maybe the keys are suddenly not sensitive enough?

I don't know how to adjust that off of my head but I'm sure I could figure it out when I sober up.

big m
02-15-2012, 12:19 AM
Unfortunately, Lee, I know about as much about computers as Princess Di knew about celibacy.
Everything seems to be working fine all of a sudden, so I will leave it at that.

Thanks for trying to help along the way, too.

---John

BadBoyKurza
02-15-2012, 04:23 AM
how come the avatars have enlarged and pixelated?

Rebels-59
02-15-2012, 06:42 PM
how come the avatars have enlarged and pixelated?

Explain more Grant, or post in Upgrade thread,

Are you meaning all New Avatars seem larger, or Original Avatars seem bigger, As original Avatars appear the same size to me. But your post reminds me of a recent post on VB.org..

Clive

Rebels-59
02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Not sure why, but all of a sudden the keyboard is working properly- Maybe with the forum upgrade?

Thanks to the admins, and the great job they are doing!

---John

John,
Was your Keyboard problem on this Forum only ??? If so did it correct it self a few days ago when the Upgrade was completed..

Strange as i wouldnt of thought the upgrade would of altered problems like that, BUT in saying that I am noticing more Differences now than when we viewed it on the test forum.. There are several small improvements ,

Just pleased to hear your problem is solved regardless, Post more ..

Oh, and send me my 59 Dodge Dammit...

Clive

Doobster
02-15-2012, 08:17 PM
John... something could've been running in the background.

Maybe something was downloading and upgrading itself, your virus checker or something.

Everything looks good my end.

Imperial King
02-15-2012, 09:24 PM
how come the penis avatars have enlarged and pixelated?

Clive is definetly the man to ask Grant...

big m
02-16-2012, 12:26 AM
John,
Was your Keyboard problem on this Forum only ??? If so did it correct it self a few days ago when the Upgrade was completed..

Strange as i wouldnt of thought the upgrade would of altered problems like that, BUT in saying that I am noticing more Differences now than when we viewed it on the test forum.. There are several small improvements ,

Just pleased to hear your problem is solved regardless, Post more ..

Oh, and send me my 59 Dodge Dammit...

Clive

Yes, it was only on this forum.. I had no similar troubles elsewhere.. It's all good now, it seems!

And yes, when Brett visited, he had asked me to ship it over to you, got a good laugh out of that one!!

---John