Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New memeber here, just saying hi

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthFury View Post
    Cool deal ill see if I can find the oil filter. Ill let you know. If you need any help or parts everyone here will be glad to help.

My 57 is named Bonnie. By country I meant just in the United States haha. I've driven from NC to California and back twice. Drove Route 66 and saw all the sights. Last summer I stayed in CA for 3 months working for Big M Auto. John (BigM on these forums) the owner, probably has anything you will ever need for your car. I plan in heading back to Cali this summer again.

-Austin
    Alrighty then, thanks again. (would you mind snapping a pic of it if you do happen to find it?) Alright I'll remember to keep that in mind.

Hm, Bonnie very nice name indeed. Yeah I just reread it, sorry about that heh.. Wow awesome stuff! I plan on doing something similar with Madeline, once she's restored. Very cool, and Big M Auto, I have to write that down, who knows, we might bump into each other one of these days.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by 59CaddyHog View Post
    Hi from the North East of England mate!!! Hog.
    Nice to meet ya!

-Alex

Where about a in Cali are you located Alex?

Ill snap a picture for sure... Ill send a pic of my engine so you can see how it is plumbed as well.

1957 Savoy 2dr sedan, 1957 Belvedere 2dr hardtop, 1957 2dr Suburban, 1958 Savoy 4dr sedan, 1959 Savoy 4dr sedan, 1959 Belvedere 4dr sedan, 1961 Plymouth Savoy 4dr sedan, 1962 Newport 4dr sedan, 1963 Imperial 4dr, 1963 Imperial 2dr

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthFury View Post
    Where about a in Cali are you located Alex?

Ill snap a picture for sure... Ill send a pic of my engine so you can see how it is plumbed as well.
    I live in Southern California, the Inland Empire region to be exact.

Alrighty then, that will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Wecome. South Dakota here. You'll find lots of help and even some humor here. These guys are great. I'm not on the boards a lot but will help however I can. Been in the Christine hobby since 1997. There is a wealth of information in our club. once again.

Bill
    Bad to the Chrome!!

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaFury View Post
    Wecome. South Dakota here. You'll find lots of help and even some humor here. These guys are great. I'm not on the boards a lot but will help however I can. Been in the Christine hobby since 1997. There is a wealth of information in our club. once again.

Bill
    Nice to meet ya! I can already tell you guys are a friendly and helpful bunch. :) Cool, and that's good to know, I'll ask for help from you guys, should something come up. Thanks Bill!

-Alex

to be club!

Quote Originally Posted by 60BelAir View Post
    to be club!
    Thanks! I'm glad to be in it!

-Alex

Wow flathead six with manual 3 speed! lot of fun,just like mine was before the previous owner rip off the engine and trans...

Alex

You can read the post about my car for details but just a heads up, I too have a 4 dr 58 Plymouth. Even with 4 drs it's still a headturner and a real classic. These cars whether they are 2 dr hdtps, 4dr sedans, 2 dr sedans or wagons are rare. The triChevys and Tbirds got a lot of fame but they are a dime a dozen. Everyone has one. Every car show has dozens literally, of 55-57 Chevys. How often do you see a 57/58 Plymouth? I've been to hundreds of car shows here in the Dakotas and have only seen one 1958 Plymouth:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03209.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	7084Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03210.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	7085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03211.jpg 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	7086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03213.jpg 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	7087
    For the longest time I wished and wished my 4 dr was a 2 dr hdtp but I'm now pretty happy to have it. Been through hell with my car. Sure if I can get my hands on a 2 dr I will but I doubt I'd ever get rid of my 4dr.
    Bad to the Chrome!!

Alex,I forgot to mention,when you're logged in you must wear some of these goat leggings,ask Geoff (billy whizz) about if you have any doubt,thanks
    Ely-B.s department

Quote Originally Posted by ely1958 View Post
    Wow flathead six with manual 3 speed! lot of fun,just like mine was before the previous owner rip off the engine and trans...
    3 speed with overdrive actually. Damn that sucks! Did you install another Flathead 6 or throw a V8 in it as it's replacement?

Alex

You can read the post about my car for details but just a heads up, I too have a 4 dr 58 Plymouth. Even with 4 drs it's still a headturner and a real classic. These cars whether they are 2 dr hdtps, 4dr sedans, 2 dr sedans or wagons are rare. The triChevys and Tbirds got a lot of fame but they are a dime a dozen. Everyone has one. Every car show has dozens literally, of 55-57 Chevys. How often do you see a 57/58 Plymouth? I've been to hundreds of car shows here in the Dakotas and have only seen one 1958 Plymouth:Click image for larger version. 

For the longest time I wished and wished my 4 dr was a 2 dr hdtp but I'm now pretty happy to have it. Been through hell with my car. Sure if I can get my hands on a 2 dr I will but I doubt I'd ever get rid of my 4dr.
    Alrighty then, will do! Hey that's almost exactly what the original owner told me! "You can go to any car show and see Chevys and Fords for miles, but you will rarely find a 1958 Plymouth..." I sure haven't seen one at any of the Route 66 events, I've seen some classic imports, but Never a Plymouth. I understand what you went through, you have to think of the car as if it was a person, companion if you may, I mean after all its what hauls our asses around town haha.
    Last edited by Silverperzon; 05-06-2013 at 03:40 AM.

Alex

I do like the two tone color scheme, I mean you can't go wrong with Red and Black. I plan on painting mine Navy blue with a white top.

I've been to CA. 3 times and enjoyed every minute of all 3 visits.

Nice to meet you mate!

Lee.
    near London, England.
    Everything's good!

to the club, Alex! I like the Plaza, I'm a big fan of the base (or "stripper") models, and your's is cool!
    Pete from Georgia
    "Stick with me, kid, and you'll have horse turds as big as diamonds."

Hi Alex from Australia,

Great to see new members, cool car.

'57/'58 2 door hardtop (was red '57 Savoy originally, purchased with '58 front clip and going fully '58 and RHD with Ply474 in Florida)
    '71 RHD Aussie Charger

Quote Originally Posted by Doobster View Post
    I've been to CA. 3 times and enjoyed every minute of all 3 visits.

Nice to meet you mate!

Lee.
    near London, England.
    I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in my home state.

Nice to meet you as well Lee.

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by SavoyPlaza View Post
    to the club, Alex! I like the Plaza, I'm a big fan of the base (or "stripper") models, and your's is cool!
    Pete from Georgia
    Thank you Pete! As do I, I was lucky enough to find it on Craigslist and thanks!

-Alex

Quote Originally Posted by CQB-241 View Post
    Hi Alex from Australia,

Great to see new members, cool car.

'57/'58 2 door hardtop (was red '57 Savoy originally, purchased with '58 front clip and going fully '58 and RHD with Ply474 in Florida)
    '71 RHD Aussie Charger
    Nice to meet ya!

Thank you.

Hm, both sounds like great projects, how far have you progressed with the 57 Savoy? 71 Charger? awesome stuff right there, so I take you're a mopar fan as well?