Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Los Angeles!

Hi from Los Angeles!

Hi everyone - thanks for this forum! I'm Chris Bartlett from Los Angeles and Since high school (in the 80s) I've only owned old cars, but finally found my very own, elusive Christine. I realize it's closer to the book version as a 4 door. I'm an art director in video games (Call of Duty, Gears of War), and a TV creature actor (Star Wars, The Orville). My roles are usually on set, behind a mask, playing a character, which is why I was drawn to Christine, I guess. She's a movie monster and driving her is like animating the creature. I always loved the movie and never dreamed I'd ever find a 58 Plymouth for myself, in this condition, but here we are.

I came to acquire this Plymouth from a family who's father died. It was the father's car and he only drove it on the weekends - kept it garaged otherwise. They didn't say how he died.

Really looking forward to learning from what you've all learned and contributing as much as I can. First question, what is the proper width of Christine's whitewalls?

More of my old vehicle and acting stuff at my Instagram

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3350.jpg   IMG_3355.jpg  
    Last edited by ChrisFBartlett; 09-10-2019 at 07:12 PM.

, also lovely car. Your career is very nice!!
    My asshole brother brought her back in September, '57.

I can drink Gasoline and Piss on a Bush Fire Rebels-59's Avatar
    Hi Chris, to the Forum,,
    Cool looking Christine,

I believe the Tyre Size for the 58 Plymouth would of been 750-14 Crossply Tyre with either a 2 1/4" OR 2 1/2" White Band,,

Personally they are a very Thin track tyre, and strongly recommend going 850-14 minimum, Or better still go Bias or Radial if you intend to drive a lot and regular..

Clive
    UK

Super helpful, thank you, Rebels!

to the forum.
    Go outside and enjoy life.

Nice car mate......and welcome

Geoff
    UK
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

to the ICC!

Nice '58! Was it the one in the bay area that was for sale a short time ago?

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Yes! I had been scouring Craigslist nationwide for several months and contacted the seller the minute it popped up!

to the club! Very nice car you have there, is that her original color? One of the wonderful things about California cars is that they're rust free (I own a California car too).
    I guess were similar in a way; I first saw the movie at a young age and since then it became my dream to own a Christine that I now own.
    1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2 dr ht (under restoration)

ROCK AND ROLL WILL NEVER DIE

Quote Originally Posted by 58Jackie View Post
    to the club! Very nice car you have there, is that her original color? ....
    Thank you! Yes, "Toreador Red"

Currently looking for upper and lower door trim for the driver side...

Nice car! That trim can come from a 1957 Belvedere also. The inserts will have to come from a '58. Fury Jim makes 4 door inserts (the aluminum with the squares) Marcel in Canada makes Christine inserts: http://internationalchristineclub.ne...ght=sport+tone
    "She'll Start, You'll Need These."

Here is his new ad, just ask for 4 door and see if he has any if you want Christine style. Fury jim gets $800 a set, Might sell pieces, Maybe. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-PLYMOU...0AAOSwKflZOhR~

Quote Originally Posted by 58Belvedere View Post
    Nice car! That trim can come from a 1957 Belvedere also. The inserts will have to come from a '58. Fury Jim makes 4 door inserts (the aluminum with the squares) Marcel in Canada makes Christine inserts: http://internationalchristineclub.ne...ght=sport+tone
    Thank you. I have the spare inserts, but knowing 57 molding works helps in my search. Thanks again.

Chris that is one clean car you have. Mine is a four door as well. I think the white walls are three inches but not for sure because I haven't bought mine yet. to the club and look forward to hearing more about your work.

I have the four molding pieces available if you are still needing them.

---John
    Big M Auto-

"We buy junk, and sell antiques"
    ICC member since just after dirt, but before baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by big m View Post
    I have the four molding pieces available if you are still needing them.

---John
    PM sent

Hello and welcome! I've been away for a bit so I'm late to the party. Your name will be easy to remember since it's the same as mine! Very nice car you have there!

It the world really ready for two Chris Bartlett's??
    Captain Keep-On-Thread strikes again!!!

Cool! Thanks, all for the warm welcome.